CPA/Jr. Partner Candidate
Job Description & Opportunity:
J. Hoffman & Co., a Dallas-based CPA practice established by John (Jay) Hoffman in 1991, has an opportunity for a CPA interested in being part of the next generation of firm owners/partners.
J. Hoffman & Co. has a culture and business model that supports a balance between work, personal life and other outside interests without limiting professional growth or the opportunity for ownership for both associates and partners/stakeholders.
Since inception, J. Hoffman & Co. has specialized in tax, accounting and related services to high-net worth individuals and families, private equity companies and other privately-held businesses. Everything we do is centered on a long-term relationship with the client, managed by a senior and junior partner delivering high quality, personalized services tailored to each client’s needs.
In addition to being a fit with Jay and J. Hoffman & Co. as described above, the qualified candidate will have the following character traits that align with the culture of the firm:
· Professionalism (reference Texas CPA Ethics)
· Positive demeanor
· Empathy, Humility, Sense of humor
The qualified candidate will have the following professional credentials, experience and interests:
· Currently licensed as a CPA or meets the TSPBA requirements to be licensed
· Preferably more than 10 years, and at least 5 years, of experience relevant to the firm’s business model, including at least 3 years in public accounting with a Big 4 and/or large local CPA firm
· Long-term client relationships
· Project management, including collaborating with and supervising professional and administrative staff
· Experience with preparation of tax returns including complex individual returns, partnership returns and returns for operating companies.
Qualified and interested candidates should send information relevant to the position described above. All qualified candidates selected for the next step in the process will be contacted by Jay to schedule an interview by phone and/or in person to learn more about the opportunity and the candidate.
If mutual interests appear to be aligned, there would be an initial exploratory work period, approximately 250 – 500 hours over the next three to six months, to determine if there is a continued mutual interest in a long-term permanent position tailored to the needs of the firm and the candidate.
Interested and qualified candidates, please email information relevant to this position, including resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use "CPA/Jr. Partner Candidate" as the subject line of your email to be considered.